This post contains my (very tardy) answers to the interview meme post that aelora put up. It works like this:
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favourite lyric to your current favourite song. Or your favourite kind of sandwich.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Either reply in the comments or post the answers in your own journal with a link here so I don't miss your answers.
4. Post these instructions in your own journal and get to know your flist better.
So to continue the chain, I'm posting it here. And below are her questions and my answers, a couple of which took forever to reason out. (Oh--my comment was the lyrics to Modest Mouse's "Dramamine".)
1) Gabriel or Sylar, and why?
Oh, man. ...Sylar. Gabriel is sweet and adorable and I want to hold him and tell him everything will be all right, but Sylar is so. Fucking. Hot. Plus, I suspect after he's done cutting open someone's head, he still wishes someone would hold him and tell him everything will be all right.
2) Best day of your life?
The first day I spent in Toronto in 1994. Sat in the hotel window till 4 am, listening to the streetcars and watching the people. I still love that city more than any other.
3) If you had the chance to write the outline for one season of Heroes, what would happen?
The explosion really WOULD have been for the best, and things are going very bad very fast. The Elder Heroes WERE going to benefit from the explosion, but still the vast majority of humanity would have been better off if Peter had exploded--how would Peter deal with that? Mohinder would figure out his "cure" for special people and manage to use it on Sylar (at least temporarily), which would bring his sanity back and leave him caught between horror at what he did and a desperate need to get back the power he's lost (even though it might turn him into a merciless psycho again). This show also keeps bringing me back to the idea of mercy, and how it's not really mercy if you only give it to people you like. Besides Momo, I'd have Peter and Hiro in particular struggling with the idea of showing it to Sylar, and come out of it more like the mature men we saw in 5YG. And Officer Dumbass? Dead.
4) You're trapped on a desert island with plenty of food and water - three things you have to have with you are?
A blanket, because I can't sleep without a blanket even in summer. Um...a computer, so that I could get on my satellite internet access and look at that picture of Sylar eating ice cream. A hand-cranked battery recharger for the computer, so that I can keep on looking at it no matter how long I'm trapped there. (OK, I never like it when people ask me this question, so I got facetious...)
5) Best piece of advice you've ever been given? If you haven't been given any, what advice do you wish someone had given to you?
"Turnabout is fair play." When someone is upset about a situation you're involved in with them, turn the circumstances around and see if things feel the same when you're on the other side. It often helps you figure out who's really the jackass in the situation. (Actually this advice came from a Heinlein novel. Yes, I'm odd.)